In light of the end of the Beijing Olympics (and the start of the Paralympics) I came accross this amusing list of comments from the 2004 Olympics that I thought I would share. According to Snopes this list may or may not be real, but it sure is funny in any case:
Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during
the 2004 Olympics that they would like to take back
1. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can
expect the same thing again.'
2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from
personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'
3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother
4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries,and even some deaths
in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'
5. Weightlifting commentator: 'This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw
her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'
6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't
like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'
7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the
IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'
8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've
got eleven Dicks on the field.'
9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is
that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses
them . . .. Oh my God, what have I just said?'