Fireworks Gone Wrong in Oxgangs, Scotland.

OK, let's RUN!

YouTube Description:

Organisers have apologised after a firework display went wrong in Edinburgh.

A rocket at the Pentland Community Centre display misfired and ricocheted into the remaining fireworks, setting them all off at the same time.The community council said it was a freak accident but it would be reviewing safety procedures.

A girl suffered a burn to the side of her face and was taken to Edinburgh's Royal Hospital for Sick Children.However, no-one was seriously injured in the incident at Oxgangs Brae.

It is understood that £2,000 worth of fireworks were involved.

In a statement, Pentland Community Centre said: "The management committee of PCC would like to express our sincere apologies for any upset caused following the unfortunate incident at our annual firework display on Monday evening."One of the rockets misfired towards the end of the display and ricocheted into the remaining undetonated fireworks, setting them off all at once."This was a freak accident, and most regrettable, but this is the first incident we have had in 10 years of holding this popular community event, and we extend our apologies to everyone who was alarmed."

Load Comments...

Send this Article to a Friend

Separate multiple emails with a comma (,); limit 5 recipients

Your email has been sent successfully!

Manage this Video in Your Playlists

notify when someone comments

This website uses cookies.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By using this website you consent to all cookies in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

I agree
Learn More