Updated: 5 years 4 months 4 weeks ago
How could someone so bad at math be so interested in Astronomy?
Updated: 7 years 9 months 3 weeks ago
Ever been confused by all the letters and squiggles used by scientists?
Sixty Symbols is a collection of videos about physics and astronomy presented by experts from The University of Nottingham.
They aren't lessons or lectures - and this site has never tried to be an online reference book. The films are just fun chats with men and women who love their subject and know a lot about it!
Sometimes there's no symbol to tell a story (like Schrödinger's cat).
However whatever symbol you click on, I hope you'll see something interesting and maybe learn something new.
If there's a symbol you'd like explained, contact the creators at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 7 years 2 months 3 weeks ago
With stars in her eyes, she makes a playlist for that far off day when she can *promote other peoples videos
Updated: 5 years 8 months 1 week ago
Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry started their television career as a comedy duo in "A Little Bit of Fry & Laurie".
They have both gone on to other roles, including the "Jeeves and Wooster" series based on the books by P.G. Wodehouse; Stephen Fry's hosting of the British quiz show QI; and of course Hugh Laurie's brilliant role as Dr. Gregory House. To top it off, Fry and Laurie are best friends in real life.
This playlist celebrates all videos containing either or both of these fine gentlemen.
Updated: 6 years 2 weeks ago
Updated: 9 years 3 months ago
We don't always understand Ant's downvotes (all ~2000 of them), so here's a chance to make amends.
An equally appropriate title would be "Quality British Comedy."
See the companion playlist "My favourite ant downvotes" by djsunkid.
Updated: 8 years 7 months 2 weeks ago
Got a video that you posted and want to have promoted? Don't wanna waste a pesky 2 power points on doing it? You've come to the right place!
1. Add your own sifted or non-sifted videos to playlist
2. Find a video on playlist that you like and you'd like to promote.
3. *promote that video
4. Contact sifter of that video enlighten them of your deed so that they me complete their end of the transaction.
- You must be a gold 100 member to participate
- You must reciprocate promote within first renewal of power points. (If you don't have one at the time of promote)
- Do not promote the same video more than once in a single week
- Once a video is promoted it comes off of the list, preferably by the promoter. It's up to the user to re-add it at a later date
Hopefully, one day this will be automated :P