She seems like such a sweet lady.
* 150g (5oz) self-raising flour
* 1tbsp soft light brown sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1 medium egg
* 125ml (4fl oz) milk
* 1tbsp sunflower oil
* 125-150g (4-5oz) blueberries
* Oil, for frying
* Maple syrup, to serve
1. Tip the flour into a bowl and stir in the sugar and salt. Whisk together the egg, milk and sunflower oil. Gradually whisk the liquid into the flour until mixture is smooth. Stir in blueberries.
2. Heat a frying pan, or griddle, and grease it sparingly. Drop rounded tablespoons of the mixture on to the hot surface, spreading each out to about 7.5cm (3in). Cook for about 1 min, then slide a palette knife under and flip them over and cook for about 30 secs-1 min - each side should be a golden colour. Remove pancakes from the pan and keep them warm while cooking the rest of the mixture, oiling the pan between each batch.