200 grams glycerin 200 grams sorbitol 100 grams gelatin powder (recommended: 300 bloom) 2.5 grams zinc oxide Colored face powder Red and green colored frocking Water as needed
1. Mix the glycerin and sorbitol together in a large bowl, then add the gelatin powder and zinc oxide. Microwave in 2-minute intervals, stirring until the powder melts into the liquid. (To make skin that can tear more easily, as in a bite wound, replace the sorbitol with water.)
2. Once melted, add desired colored frocking or small amounts of face powder or food coloring, until desired hue is achieved.
3. Pour into food grade silicone mold. (These can be made at home using a kit or purchased from a specialty catalog.)
4. Cool in refrigerator until the mixture sets. Small body parts, such as hands or arms, will cool within a couple of hours. Larger body parts will take longer.
Yield: 1 serving of brains, flesh, or viscera.
* This recipe was used on the set of Resident Evil: Retribution