bareboards2 says...

Dan Savage's open letter to Herman Cain:

Dear Herman,

If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.

Very sincerely yours,

Dan Savage

BoneRemake says...

>> ^bareboards2:

Dan Savage's open letter to Herman Cain:
Dear Herman,
If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
Very sincerely yours,
Dan Savage


Thats a real jack ass letter to write.

Yes I know you did not write it

blankfist says...

>> ^bareboards2:

Dan Savage's open letter to Herman Cain:
Dear Herman,
If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
Very sincerely yours,
Dan Savage


lol. Best letter of the year.

Boise_Lib says...

>> ^bareboards2:

Dan Savage's open letter to Herman Cain:
Dear Herman,
If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
Very sincerely yours,
Dan Savage


Full out belly laugh!

Herman Cain--Suck My Dick!

dystopianfuturetoday says...

Brilliantly subversive. That's pretty much an argument ender. I can't wait for the opportunity to use this argument IRL. >> ^bareboards2:

Dan Savage's open letter to Herman Cain:
Dear Herman,
If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
Very sincerely yours,
Dan Savage

rottenseed says...

You guys are missing the point here. When I was younger I was tempted by the devil to dabble in homosexual acts, but through the love of our Lord and Savior, Herman Munster, I was saved.

quantumushroom says...

The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.

Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.

rottenseed says...

Sexuality and the hormones driving it falls on a spectrum and it involves several chemical processes. Since it's OBVIOUSLY not passed on from gay parent to gay child, that means straight people are having homosexual children at a rate of (4%?) or whatever it is.

And that 4% of the population deserves a voice. And the oppression of their rights should be of more concern than just 4% of the population. We should all be involved with maintaining one another's personal freedoms.>> ^quantumushroom:

The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.

SuperChikan says...

>> ^quantumushroom:

The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.


Why in the fuck should loving someone of the same sex be something that needs to be "cured"?

Steering? They're not steering the election. But they're happy to ride shotgun and yank the wheel off the road when the candidates make the "gay agenda" a "problem" that they will use their presidential powers to "cure".

quantumushroom says...

If The Gay is genetic despite the variables of the spectrum, in the future the option to make a fetus 'not gay' will likely be offered. I neither condemn nor condone this inevitable tech.

The 4% indeed has a voice, right now it's far-too-loud, an imbalance that will have to find its center. When religious people state that, per their beliefs, they consider homosexuality wrong, they are made into 'hate criminals'. "Gay history" is now mandatory in at least one mexifornian school.

I'm all for personal freedom, but rights can't be spun out of thin air, and that's what's been happening.





>> ^rottenseed:

Sexuality and the hormones driving it falls on a spectrum and it involves several chemical processes. Since it's OBVIOUSLY not passed on from gay parent to gay child, that means straight people are having homosexual children at a rate of (4%?) or whatever it is.
And that 4% of the population deserves a voice. And the oppression of their rights should be of more concern than just 4% of the population. We should all be involved with maintaining one another's personal freedoms.>> ^quantumushroom:
The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.


Yogi says...

>> ^quantumushroom:

If The Gay is genetic despite the variables of the spectrum, in the future the option to make a fetus 'not gay' will likely be offered. I neither condemn nor condone this inevitable tech.
The 4% indeed has a voice, right now it's far-too-loud, an imbalance that will have to find its center. When religious people state that, per their beliefs, they consider homosexuality wrong, they are made into 'hate criminals'. "Gay history" is now mandatory in at least one mexifornian school.
I'm all for personal freedom, but rights can't be spun out of thin air, and that's what's been happening.


>> ^rottenseed:
Sexuality and the hormones driving it falls on a spectrum and it involves several chemical processes. Since it's OBVIOUSLY not passed on from gay parent to gay child, that means straight people are having homosexual children at a rate of (4%?) or whatever it is.
And that 4% of the population deserves a voice. And the oppression of their rights should be of more concern than just 4% of the population. We should all be involved with maintaining one another's personal freedoms.>> ^quantumushroom:
The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.




Ummm no because there are people who agree with that 4% bumping up the statistic significantly. Also Democracy isn't right if it's used to take away the rights of individuals. So 58% of people can say that they think Black people should be slaves...does that make it right?

EDIT: Bonus points for "Mexifornian" because it was Mexico before we attacked them needlessly and took their land from them after destroying the indigenous population. This great country you love is filled with humans as bad as any that have ever lived.

Yogi says...

Also how many scientific studies have been done on this gay being genetic or not thing? I'm thinking not enough to say definitively by the scientific community so lets just not declare either way and be the most correct.

quantumushroom says...

Why in the fuck should loving someone of the same sex be something that needs to be "cured"?

Ask the future parents who will have the option to choose their fetus' sexual preference, as well as height, disease-resistance and skin tone.

Steering? They're not steering the election. But they're happy to ride shotgun and yank the wheel off the road when the candidates make the "gay agenda" a "problem" that they will use their presidential powers to "cure".

For now, 'Politigays' have too much power for their numbers. There are more than twice the number of left-handed Americans than Gay Americans, but who is demanding Left-Handed History be taught in schools (just left wing history)?

BTW did anyone but me listen to the end of the vid when Cain stated his personal beliefs are overridden by the limiting powers of the Constitution?





>> ^SuperChikan:

>> ^quantumushroom:
The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.

Why in the fuck should loving someone of the same sex be something that needs to be "cured"?
Steering? They're not steering the election. But they're happy to ride shotgun and yank the wheel off the road when the candidates make the "gay agenda" a "problem" that they will use their presidential powers to "cure".

vaire2ube says...

4% you mean the richest white people? i think the number is lower.

oh you're just being a bigot again, shame. Yes, it is hate to say homosexuality is "wrong", because that little opinion actually goes a long way and has a louder voice than it should, causing harm. You hate the minority having too much clout right? do you even ever think about what you say


what is it that gay people are making anyone do again? making you stupid? the rich people want your money, the religious people want your soul, so what exactly are these homosexuals after that you fear????

bareboards2 says...

Oh, I heard it. And I snorted in disbelief and derision.

Didn't you just hear him say that he would reinstate DADT? So his religious viewpoint is not divorced from his potential actions as a president. DOMA would not be repealed under his watch, and that is failing on constitutional grounds already.

So yeah. We heard it. We laughed.

>> ^quantumushroom:

BTW did anyone but me listen to the end of the vid when Cain stated his personal beliefs are overridden by the limiting powers of the Constitution?

notarobot says...

I have a friend who chose to be left handed. The doctors and tried to fix him when he was young, and he got very good at writing with his "correct" hand, but in the end he still preferred his left. It's just part of who he is.

notarobot says...

^Okay, I made up that story. I have never actually known anyone who that has happened to, but it has happened to some people in the past.




Here's a different argument:



VoodooV says...

>> ^quantumushroom:

The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.


You are a piece of shit

therealblankman says...

Even if being gay is a choice* I don't understand how that fact serves as a basis for discrimination and oppression. At that point it's quite akin to a freedom of speech issue and while I may not be gay I'll defend to the death your right to be so. Get down with your bad gay self.

And as for our resident deep thinker @quantummushroom*: riddle me this... in what way are your rights diminished by guaranteeing those same rights and protections for others? Or are you simply saying that Gays should just STFU and quit shoving it into your face? http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,11150/

*I for one don't believe this for a second, just putting it forward for argument's sake

bareboards2 says...

My conservative Mormon brother told me recently that homosexuality is akin to promiscuity, and that is one of the reasons the Mormon church is against it.

The ignorance is astounding.

quantumushroom says...

Nothing happens in a vacuum and only a fool expects any human to hang up his beliefs entirely when doing a job, but the left is so used to the Kenyawaiian's everyday overstepping his authority, they worry others in the Oval Office may do so. 'President Cain' cannot by himself repeal anything.

And DOMA is not unconstitutional.

>> ^bareboards2:

Oh, I heard it. And I snorted in disbelief and derision.
Didn't you just hear him say that he would reinstate DADT? So his religious viewpoint is not divorced from his potential actions as a president. DOMA would not be repealed under his watch, and that is failing on constitutional grounds already.
So yeah. We heard it. We laughed.
>> ^quantumushroom:
BTW did anyone but me listen to the end of the vid when Cain stated his personal beliefs are overridden by the limiting powers of the Constitution?


quantumushroom says...

Altho the 'final verdict' isn't in, I believe The Gay is genetic. Of course, that opens up another can of worms. Is homosexuality a genetic defect to be 'cured'?

"In what way are my rights diminished by guaranteeing those same rights and protections for others?"

Which rights are we talking about? Gays have all the rights of anyone else, including creating their own legal family. The 'right' for gays to officially marry under the law is the one exception, but that 'right' had never existed before.


>> ^therealblankman:

Even if being gay is a choice I don't understand how that fact serves as a basis for discrimination and oppression. At that point it's quite akin to a freedom of speech issue and while I may not be gay I'll defend to the death your right to be so. Get down with your bad gay self.
And as for our resident deep thinker @quantummushroom : riddle me this... in what way are your rights diminished by guaranteeing those same rights and protections for others? Or are you simply saying that Gays should just STFU and quit shoving it into your face? http://www.theonion.com/articles/why-do-all-these-hom
osexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock,11150/
I for one don't believe this for a second, just putting it forward for argument's sake

quantumushroom says...

Actually, for being my biggest fan, you're pretty civil today so thanks.

You're as much a 'bigot' as I am, just in other ways, so the term is meaningless.

I have no problem with The Gay, believe it or not. I DO have a problem when The Gay or any other movement teams up with political correctness and intellectual dishonesty, then it's chaos.



>> ^vaire2ube:

4% you mean the richest white people? i think the number is lower.
oh you're just being a bigot again, shame. Yes, it is hate to say homosexuality is "wrong", because that little opinion actually goes a long way and has a louder voice than it should, causing harm. You hate the minority having too much clout right? do you even ever think about what you say

what is it that gay people are making anyone do again? making you stupid? the rich people want your money, the religious people want your soul, so what exactly are these homosexuals after that you fear????

quantumushroom says...

Ummm no because there are people who agree with that 4% bumping up the statistic significantly.


Also Democracy isn't right if it's used to take away the rights of individuals. So 58% of people can say that they think Black people should be slaves...does that make it right?

So, 4% plus 54% of gay sympathizers equals 58%, does THAT make THAT right?



EDIT: Bonus points for "Mexifornian" because it was Mexico before we attacked them needlessly and took their land from them after destroying the indigenous population.

The Winners write the history. Mexicans are the result of Spain conquering Mestizo Indians, so you can take this silly 'blame game' back to the Stone Age if you want.

This great country you love is filled with humans as bad as any that have ever lived.


I don't disagree, but bad people are typically not a nation's majority here or anywhere else. In America one is free to leave any time and I doubt one can find a better country.














>> ^Yogi:

>> ^quantumushroom:
If The Gay is genetic despite the variables of the spectrum, in the future the option to make a fetus 'not gay' will likely be offered. I neither condemn nor condone this inevitable tech.
The 4% indeed has a voice, right now it's far-too-loud, an imbalance that will have to find its center. When religious people state that, per their beliefs, they consider homosexuality wrong, they are made into 'hate criminals'. "Gay history" is now mandatory in at least one mexifornian school.
I'm all for personal freedom, but rights can't be spun out of thin air, and that's what's been happening.


>> ^rottenseed:
Sexuality and the hormones driving it falls on a spectrum and it involves several chemical processes. Since it's OBVIOUSLY not passed on from gay parent to gay child, that means straight people are having homosexual children at a rate of (4%?) or whatever it is.
And that 4% of the population deserves a voice. And the oppression of their rights should be of more concern than just 4% of the population. We should all be involved with maintaining one another's personal freedoms.>> ^quantumushroom:
The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.



Ummm no because there are people who agree with that 4% bumping up the statistic significantly. Also Democracy isn't right if it's used to take away the rights of individuals. So 58% of people can say that they think Black people should be slaves...does that make it right?
EDIT: Bonus points for "Mexifornian" because it was Mexico before we attacked them needlessly and took their land from them after destroying the indigenous population. This great country you love is filled with humans as bad as any that have ever lived.

bareboards2 says...

@quantumushroom, I am going to back out of this.

If you have no information already at how gays have been excluded from family rights in hospitals, in inheritance, in social security and health benefits, then there is no point in continuing a conversation.

A willfully uninformed opponent in a debate means there is no debate.

You are wrong. I don't have to prove it.

rottenseed says...

The same way the "Black" voice was far too loud or the "Jew" voice wasn't loud enough in Nazi Germany. Majority rules is retarded when the majority of people are also retarded. You should never create or maintain a law that inhibits the rights of others when those same rights are shared by everybody else. I don't see the negative of allowing gays to marry. Really there is none. The bible isn't the constitution...nor should it or its tenets be given ANY merit in our law making.>> ^quantumushroom:

If The Gay is genetic despite the variables of the spectrum, in the future the option to make a fetus 'not gay' will likely be offered. I neither condemn nor condone this inevitable tech.
The 4% indeed has a voice, right now it's far-too-loud, an imbalance that will have to find its center. When religious people state that, per their beliefs, they consider homosexuality wrong, they are made into 'hate criminals'. "Gay history" is now mandatory in at least one mexifornian school.
I'm all for personal freedom, but rights can't be spun out of thin air, and that's what's been happening.


>> ^rottenseed:
Sexuality and the hormones driving it falls on a spectrum and it involves several chemical processes. Since it's OBVIOUSLY not passed on from gay parent to gay child, that means straight people are having homosexual children at a rate of (4%?) or whatever it is.
And that 4% of the population deserves a voice. And the oppression of their rights should be of more concern than just 4% of the population. We should all be involved with maintaining one another's personal freedoms.>> ^quantumushroom:
The Gay is likely genetic, but that means in a few decades it can be "cured". And 4% of the population has no business steering an entire election.
Cain, unlike Obama, seems to understand the Constitution limits presidential power. Good on him.



acidSpine says...

>> ^quantumushroom:

Why in the fuck should loving someone of the same sex be something that needs to be "cured"?
Ask the future parents who will have the option to choose their fetus' sexual preference, as well as height, disease-resistance and skin tone.


Rich people of the future may have these options. Your decendants on the other hand, Homo Hillbillius, will have to stick with the old trailer park technique: Breeding like cockroaches and discarding the weak.

ChaosEngine says...

Ok, I think we've actually put up with QMs bullshit for long enough. He has crossed the line from being a misguided, moronic, but occasionally funny, troll into either deliberate spiteful trolling or full-on bigoted fuckwadery. I fail to see how his contribution to this community outweighs the numerous threads he has derailed with his own unique brand of portmanteau-based idiocy.

HERP DERP, I'll call it "the Gay"... for fucks sake, grow up. I haven't hit anyone outside of a dojo in years, but I think I'd punch you in the face if I met you.

And actually, while I'm on the subject, who fucking cares if being gay is a choice? If two consenting adults decide they want to screw each other, who is anyone to tell them not to?

Man, I've got to stop watching american politics on this site. It's so depressing to watch the worlds biggest economy dictated by a political scene that the rest of the world regards as frankly retarded. Honestly, when Obama came along I had some hope, but it's just more of the same shit.

bareboards2 says...

Um, sorry, I don't agree with this -- are you implying that @quantumushroom should be banned?

You talk of derailment -- that only happens when folks choose to engage. It takes two -- or more -- to derail. He drives you nuts? Stop engaging with him. Then he is reduced to one comment and then silence. Works great.

I don't agree with him, hardly at all, ever, but I will defend his right to be here. Besides, he is much less offensive and combative than many others on the Sift. In fact, I can't remember him personally attacking anyone. But then, my memory is shite.

>> ^ChaosEngine:

Ok, I think we've actually put up with QMs bullshit for long enough. He has crossed the line from being a misguided, moronic, but occasionally funny, troll into either deliberate spiteful trolling or full-on bigoted fuckwadery. I fail to see how his contribution to this community outweighs the numerous threads he has derailed with his own unique brand of portmanteau-based idiocy.
HERP DERP, I'll call it "the Gay"... for fucks sake, grow up. I haven't hit anyone outside of a dojo in years, but I think I'd punch you in the face if I met you.
And actually, while I'm on the subject, who fucking cares if being gay is a choice? If two consenting adults decide they want to screw each other, who is anyone to tell them not to?
Man, I've got to stop watching american politics on this site. It's so depressing to watch the worlds biggest economy dictated by a political scene that the rest of the world regards as frankly retarded. Honestly, when Obama came along I had some hope, but it's just more of the same shit.

siftbot says...

This video has been declared non-functional; embed code must be fixed within 2 days or it will be sent to the dead pool - declared dead by VoodooV.

Send this Article to a Friend



Separate multiple emails with a comma (,); limit 5 recipients






Your email has been sent successfully!

Manage this Video in Your Playlists

Beggar's Canyon