Fight Starts around 1:35

"What pisses me off the most was the fucking woman with the camera shouting "Beat that white dude!" and then when exactly wtf she wanted to see happen to the white dude happened to the black dude instead, all of a sudden, she's like, what the hell was that for? ...like it's a problem now, but it wouldn't have been had things been precisely the other way around.

"I don't condone violence, but some evil part of me loves it when the guy who throws the first punch or instigates the fight gets their ass kicked. Something about seeing them get knocked down a peg or two that is gratifying."

-Reddit comments

Editor's Note:
Get the official TeeVirus t-shirt now!

posted by nomino 4 years 8 months 1 week ago • 114,657 views
GenjiKilpatrick says...

Ugh, I can't stand people who act tough only because they think they'll win an easy fight ..and i definitely can't stand loud-ass snarky hype-girls foamin' at the mouth for senseless violence.

..Then she has the gall to think a video of her instigating a fight her friend started will lead to charges against some old guy..

Like i used to say in grade school. " Black people.. makin' [half of] me look bad"
=/

rottenseed says...

What happened is the black guy was talking shit expecting the white dude to be scared off. Well that white dude asked him to cash that check and when it came to it...

Listen to enough black comedians (Eddie Murphy to be precise) and you'll learn that much of their fighting consists of scaring the opponent in hopes that they don't actually fight.

I wouldn't attempt to fight anybody these days, though. Black or white, everybody's been in the gym practicing their MMA and shit...no telling what kind of shit you can get into.

enoch says...

like my poppa used to always say 'don't let your alligator mouth try to write checks your hummingbird ass can't cash".
while the dude was just being stupid and runnin at the mouth it was the girls with the camera that were instigating that dumb ass.first they feign horror at the dude getting pummeled and then basically laughed at him.
why is it there is always some stupid girl crying "kick his ass" and then when it goes south for their supposed "champion" they get indignant?
it is just idiocy.
now the dude is bleeding over everything and trying to regain some semblance of dignity by continuing to talk trash and the girls just laugh at him.
violence is the narcotic of the mentally stunted.

Xax says...

I didn't quite catch what caused the argument. The black guy was asking the white guy why a black guy had to shine his shoes or something, but that's about all I caught.

I'd like to think this is a case of a punk-ass douche getting knocked down a peg, but without knowing what started things off, I'm on the fence.

Raaagh says...

>> ^rottenseed:
Listen to enough black comedians (Eddie Murphy to be precise) and you'll learn that much of their fighting consists of scaring the opponent in hopes that they don't actually fight.


Oh yeah thats purely a black phemenon *FACE FUCKING PALM*

aspartam says...

I workout quite a bit and I see some older dudes at my gym that put all of us young pups to shame. Epic beard man falls into this category. He's probably been lifting weights for a solid 40 years, and that means he's got good, mature, dense muscles. I would not want to be on the other side of his fists, dudes like him are incredibly strong. I can also notice the signs of roid rage when I see them. He is clearly raging in the second video. I've been there. It takes a lot longer to decompress after an altercation when you have testosterone pumping through your system in doses more akin to a great ape's. I think that cop knows it as well. How often do you see an cop let someone destroy newspaper boxes and swear in public? He knows he can't take him down on his own, nor could he with 3 other officers. You just don't confront an angry gorilla sized man that has been exercised for decades, that is on steroids, and that now has adrenaline raging through his veins. You just don't do it.

*quality

2pornot2p says...

You never fuck with a dude with a beard that epic or a t-shirt that says I AM A MOTHER FUCKER.

Other warning signs that are cause for pause:
-Cauliflower ear
-Flat, beaked or crooked nose
-Lower eye scar tissue
-EG&A, Triangle(delta) or Frogman tattoos

That old guy was built like a sailor made out of equal parts whoop-ass and concrete.

peggedbea says...

that roided up old jackass totally escalated this beyond the point of return and probably instigated it too, and the first thing i heard out his mouth was him asking the black guy how much he'd charge to shine his shoes.

fuck that cocked up old jackass.

he is a motherfucker.

deadgoon says...

>> ^peggedbea:
that roided up old jackass totally escalated this beyond the point of return and probably instigated it too, and the first thing i heard out his mouth was him asking the black guy how much he'd charge to shine his shoes.
fuck that cocked up old jackass.
he is a motherfucker.


Or the other dude could have taken it on the chin and kept his mouth shut. I've been called cracker and honky before but I don't sweat it. People like to run their mouths a little too much and more often than not, if a person can't hold their cool, things will escalate.

Sure the old guy's a jackass but so is the young dude with his mouth and his friend with the camera running her mouth.

rychan says...

Watching the follow up video and reading about Epic Beard Man, it's clear that he's a little off his rocker. Sad, really. I think he probably did say something racist and insulting to the other guy in this video. But still, the old guy moved away from the argument and the young guy threw the first punch. I don't understand how you pick a fight with someone as large as that old guy. He's clearly extremely strong. I guess that's why it's EIA.

The most pathetic people in this video are the ones filming it, alternatively encouraging the fight, feigning outrage at the outcome, and then stealing the old guy's bag.

Kevlar says...

Well - nothing personal, I don't generally upvote fight vids due to lack of context and general sad pummeling of one idiot by another - there seems to be a lot of information on this one since 4chan has turned its anonymous Eye of Sauron towards San Francisco. Check out this comment from digg (not my words below the break):

--------------------------------

EPIC BEARD MAN Update:

Looks like he was in Oakland and being threatened so he flipped *****. (smart move, imho) Unfortunately, he also happens to be completely insane (poor guy's seen combat). See docs: http://ebm.pastebin.com/m5d4e0b2d

Here's video of him getting tazed, bro (some of the crowd's on his side so maybe he's not all that crazy, after all): http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/loca ...

Video Part 2 (he's a Nam Vet, "*****"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fnjFVPCek

nomino says...

Wrong. From what I understand, the black guy said "Why should a black man spit shine your shoes?" as the white guy was passing. The white man simply engaged... to a certain extent. You can see that he knows himself well enough to move to the front of the bus just before the shit is about to hit the fan. He knows he will do some damage if he stays. And that's why he looks violated after the rumble. There's an expression on his face that says: "Why did you make me do that to you? Why? I tried to be good."

You might wonder why someone would simply blurt out "why does a black man have to shine your shoes?" for no reason to a big white dude. Consider this, it's the middle of the day and the perp is drunk, on a bus, acting tough for cackling hens. Enough said. >> ^peggedbea:
that roided up old jackass totally escalated this beyond the point of return and probably instigated it too, and the first thing i heard out his mouth was him asking the black guy how much he'd charge to shine his shoes.
fuck that cocked up old jackass.
he is a motherfucker.

frijoles says...

>> ^Xax:
I didn't quite catch what caused the argument. The black guy was asking the white guy why a black guy had to shine his shoes or something, but that's about all I caught.

Sounds like the white guy misheard something the black guy said as he was walking by. White guy is going to something on Friday and wants his shoes to look good, and he thought the black guy was offering to spit-shine shoes. Black guy looks confused and thinks the white guy is making a racist comment. Things escalate from there. That's what I got out of it, anyway.


He's pretty tough at the end there, for someone who got his ass kicked.

alizarin says...

I took the situation totally different -
The old white guy was telling the young black guy something to the effect of "you should shine my shoes black boy"... "I'm not prejudice a chinaman can do it" (meaning he thinks everybody who's not white should do subservient work for white guys). I've been around allot of old white guys here in the south like that and that's just how they talk when they're trying to race bait somebody.
So the young black guy has his buttons pushed once too many and he slaps the old white guy on the arm and backs up a bit. Then the old white guy goes nuts and punches him in the face and smashes his teeth into the corner of the bench a'la "American History X".

Sure he should've walked away from the old white guy but am I taking crazy pills or was the young black man the good guy here?

NordlichReiter says...

http://wiki.thomasbruso.com/Operation-I-AM-A-MOTHERFUCKER.ashx

They stole his bag too, and now he is on the wrong end of a lot of bullshit.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Epic_Beard_Man

Anon found it... and they aren't very happy.

I would not want to be the Detective who has to deal with this. What a fucking mess.


She just apologized... for not stealing EBM's bag.

I commented on her page, and you can see it. I have the same user name on you tube that I do on videosift.


IMPORTANT NOTE: There is speculation that EBM is suffering from mental disorders. Any one have proof? There is also speculation that the man's name is Thomas Bruso

I put a lot of time in that comment, only to see it buried by the angry Internets


What you said in that video at 2:16 - 2:30 was deplorable and despicable. Apology aside, it was not for you to take the man's bag. That is for the Police to do, and the simple act of taking the bag was theft. Because you deprived the man of his belongings; California PENAL CODE SECTION 484-502.9

"Go through that shit, ha."
"BEAT HIS WHITE ASS" & "SAY IT AGAIN PINKY".

The words, allegedly spoken by you, can be interpreted as hate; proving your dislike for the man. This video apology does not free you of guilt, and your actions were immoral at best. I think the internet has spoken, Apology not accepted.

rottenseed says...

If the white guy was trying to start something, why would he move up front? Especially when he obviously wasn't scared. Dude was poppin' off at the mouth and trying to instigate. He wanted the fight...and he got the fight right in his face.>> ^alizarin:
I took the situation totally different -
The old white guy was telling the young black guy something to the effect of "you should shine my shoes black boy"... "I'm not prejudice a chinaman can do it" (meaning he thinks everybody who's not white should do subservient work for white guys). I've been around allot of old white guys here in the south like that and that's just how they talk when they're trying to race bait somebody.
So the young black guy has his buttons pushed once too many and he slaps the old white guy on the arm and backs up a bit. Then the old white guy goes nuts and punches him in the face and smashes his teeth into the corner of the bench a'la "American History X".
Sure he should've walked away from the old white guy but am I taking crazy pills or was the young black man the good guy here?

KnivesOut says...

What rottenseed said.

Epic Beard Man moved away from the fight. He was content to leave it at the level of verbal sparring, but the kid escalated things by re-entering Epic Beard Man air-space. Then he got shot-the-fuck down.

RadHazG says...

If you read the transcript on ED you can see that it was simply a case of EBM either misinterpreting something the black dude said or the black dude said some shit and EBM thought he was seriously offering a service not being insulted. The transcript pretty much just says exactly how I saw it. EBM was very calm at the start, and seemed genuinely interested in trying to get his shoes shined. Unfortunate coincidence.

>> ^alizarin:
I took the situation totally different -
The old white guy was telling the young black guy something to the effect of "you should shine my shoes black boy"... "I'm not prejudice a chinaman can do it" (meaning he thinks everybody who's not white should do subservient work for white guys). I've been around allot of old white guys here in the south like that and that's just how they talk when they're trying to race bait somebody.
So the young black guy has his buttons pushed once too many and he slaps the old white guy on the arm and backs up a bit. Then the old white guy goes nuts and punches him in the face and smashes his teeth into the corner of the bench a'la "American History X".
Sure he should've walked away from the old white guy but am I taking crazy pills or was the young black man the good guy here?


As for the chinaman bit, I hardly think that comment alone is worth condemning him as some racial crap. Odds are that in that situation he was just trying to make the case quite literally that he didn't care who the guy was he was just looking to get some shoes shined for the funeral he was going to. Just because he said chinaman instead of "a white guy" or "anyone" doesn't mean he's racist, it means he was in an escalating situation and was just trying to explain shit with his testosterone starting to pump up. Not exactly a situation for eloquent well thought out speech patterns (as the rest of the video attests).

fjules says...

The truth behind this story is that the bearded man made a racist remark towards the black dude and it set the whole thing off.

That bearded man has been in prison and is generally a pretty fucked up dude. Has attacked people and cops numerous times and was tasered once at a Supperbawl game.

His tshirt pretty much says it all.

longde says...

It sure makes my day to log into the sift and see folks celebrating racial violence and hatred and rooting on a deranged foul mouthed racist.

Looks like everyone's bearded hero aroused the blood lust of many on the sift. Looks like some of you wanted to see more blood.

Drax says...

I honestly do not think he was scared of anyone or anything on that bus. Fear does not cause Epic Beard Man to move, only tactical strategy.

KnivesOut says...

>> ^longde:
It sure makes my day to log into the sift and see folks celebrating racial violence and hatred and rooting on a deranged foul mouthed racist.
Looks like everyone's bearded hero aroused the blood lust of many on the sift. Looks like some of you wanted to see more blood.


Why don't you be a little more judgemental? It suits you.

longde says...

If the hood fits.....>> ^KnivesOut:
>> ^longde:
It sure makes my day to log into the sift and see folks celebrating racial violence and hatred and rooting on a deranged foul mouthed racist.
Looks like everyone's bearded hero aroused the blood lust of many on the sift. Looks like some of you wanted to see more blood.

Why don't you be a little more judgemental? It suits you.

GoodAttorney says...

Oh, poopoo... on the you bad people celebrating racial violence. Race notwithstanding, I think we all like to see an underdog win and justice served. Here, the person initiating PHYSICAL aggression is not the victim.

longde says...

Since when did I defend the black dude? There are no victims or underdogs in this video, certainly not the pumped up klansman. They are both pieces of trash. What's fucked up is that people seem to gravitate toward one type of trash rather than dismissing both.>> ^GoodAttorney:
Oh, poopoo... on the you bad people celebrating racial violence. Race notwithstanding, I think we all like to see an underdog win and justice served. Here, the person initiating PHYSICAL aggression is not the victim.

rottenseed says...

>> ^longde:
It sure makes my day to log into the sift and see folks celebrating racial violence and hatred and rooting on a deranged foul mouthed racist.
Looks like everyone's bearded hero aroused the blood lust of many on the sift. Looks like some of you wanted to see more blood.

It looks like I'm gonna have to call the waaaaambalamps.

So now that punk kid doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions? You start a fight and get your ass-kicked it's your own fault. Words are just words, and as ignorant as they may be, you have to take responsibility for how you deal with them. I'm rooting for the old man because he walked away...not wanting to get into a physical confrontation when things could have escalated to that point.

Furthermore, drop the self-righteous saint act. It's real easy to cast judgement instead entering a discussion with an thought-out viewpoint, whether you're agreeing with or dissenting against the ideas of the majority. Pretty much you're saying racial violence is bad but passive aggressive belittling of those that don't agree with you is ok.

longde says...

Again, I have not defended the black dude.

The bearded klansman is such The Pacifist, yelling threats while 'walking away'.

Yes, racial violence is bad. As for 'passive aggressive belittling', you yourself said that 'words are just words'. Looks like you are the one who needs to think through his self-contradicting viewpoints.

>> ^rottenseed:
>> ^longde:
It sure makes my day to log into the sift and see folks celebrating racial violence and hatred and rooting on a deranged foul mouthed racist.
Looks like everyone's bearded hero aroused the blood lust of many on the sift. Looks like some of you wanted to see more blood.

It looks like I'm gonna have to call the waaaaambalamps.
So now that punk kid doesn't have to take responsibility for his actions? You start a fight and get your ass-kicked it's your own fault. Words are just words, and as ignorant as they may be, you have to take responsibility for how you deal with them. I'm rooting for the old man because he walked away...not wanting to get into a physical confrontation when things could have escalated to that point.
Furthermore, drop the self-righteous saint act. It's real easy to cast judgement instead entering a discussion with an thought-out viewpoint, whether you're agreeing with or dissenting against the ideas of the majority. Pretty much you're saying racial violence is bad but passive aggressive belittling of those that don't agree with you is ok.

rottenseed says...

Words are just words and I'm always ready to throw down and get my ass-kicked. It's part of my role of being an asshole. But I wouldn't want anybody calling out onlookers telling them that fighting is bad and implying that anybody who watches is not civilized, but a blood lusting animal. Maybe that's not what you were implying but that's what was inferred by me and possible others.

Cool you don't like fighting, go build a bird house or whatever...downvote the video add in your 2 cents about the video but stop generalizing based on how you think of us.

longde says...

>> ^rottenseed:
Words are just words and I'm always ready to throw down and get my ass-kicked. It's part of my role of being an asshole. But I wouldn't want anybody calling out onlookers telling them that fighting is bad and implying that anybody who watches is not civilized, but a blood lusting animal. Maybe that's not what you were implying but that's what was inferred by me and possible others.
Cool you don't like fighting, go build a bird house or whatever...downvote the video add in your 2 cents about the video but stop generalizing based on how you think of us.


Yes, you are putting words in my mouth. I'm not implying anything; I mean exactly what I said.

And just who is generalizing, here?:

>> ^rottenseed:
Listen to enough black comedians (Eddie Murphy to be precise) and you'll learn that much of their fighting consists of scaring the opponent in hopes that they don't actually fight.

Drax says...

Ok wait.. this is getting into stupid land.

Here's what happened, two people got into a fight. There was only some hints towards racism, and in this type of thing that's actually pretty good. It doesn't mean anyone actually was racist.. you can't just play that card. When you start mouthing off all kinds of things get said and thrown back and forth, verbal sparring as rottenseed put it. And what did we hear? The EBM said the other guy had brought up something about not having to spit shine a white man's shoes, so we don't know who started this mess. Hell I heard more racial slurs thrown at him.

The fact that guy actually moved to the front of the bus tells me he's not really the type to start trouble.. if that's the case he would have just stayed in the other guy's face the whole time. He sure as hell doesn't back down though.

Anyways, two people got into a fight, it happens. The old man stopped before he seriously injured the other guy. That's the kind of fight I like to see if a fight does break out. No weapons, no lasting injuries.. just one person's pride having to be swallowed.

No, I don't like violence, but this was hardly a horrid attack. Fights happen. What I CAN see is EBM did not throw the first punch.

NordlichReiter says...

>> ^longde:
Since when did I defend the black dude? There are no victims or underdogs in this video, certainly not the pumped up klansman. They are both pieces of trash. What's fucked up is that people seem to gravitate toward one type of trash rather than dismissing both.>> ^GoodAttorney:
Oh, poopoo... on the you bad people celebrating racial violence. Race notwithstanding, I think we all like to see an underdog win and justice served. Here, the person initiating PHYSICAL aggression is not the victim.



How the fuck do you know he's a Klansman?

You must not understand US law. Both parties are guilty of something.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/m/mutual-affray/


A mutual affray is fighting by two or more persons. Intent to fight on part of both parties is required. Where evidence shows that one party acted in self-defense, that party is not guilty of mutual affray. The aggressor may be guilty of assault and battery, but neither party is guilty of mutual affray. State laws vary, but mutual affray may be a mitigating factor or defense to family abuse.


Had the white man not said anything and the black man attacked him, then he would have been in the clear under self defense. And the flip side is right for the black man. But they both actively engaged in the instigation, ergo both are party to the affray.

I'm not a lawyer, but this is how I interpreted the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affray


In many legal jurisdictions related to English common law, affray is a public order offence consisting of the fighting of two or more persons in a public place to the terror (in French: à l'effroi) of ordinary people (the lieges). Depending on their actions, and the laws of the prevailing jurisdiction, those engaged in an affray may also render themselves liable to prosecution for assault, unlawful assembly, or riot; in that event it is for one of these offences that they are usually charged.[1]

...

In the United States the English common law as to affray applies, subject to certain modifications by the statutes of particular states. [3][1]

raverman says...

1) he moved to the other end of the bus, if you chase him for a fight? you deserve it.
2) if the other guy is twice as big as you and you start the fight? you deserve it.
3) if you have someone filming you because you want to post yourself online starting a fight? then you deserve it.

jiyanibi says...

There are a lot of assumptions floating around here. Here is my assumption of the activities leading up to the beginning of this video...

Black guy heads towards the back of the bus where old white guy(EBM, Epic Beard Man) has his feet sticking into the aisle. Seeing that EBM is not pulling his feet away as the black man approaches, the black man makes an off-hand sarcastic comment something to the effect of "You want me to spit shine those for you?", referring to his feet sticking into the aisle. Only half-listening, EBM assumes that the black man is being sincere, and he would genuinely like to take the black man up on his offer as he has an event on Friday. The black man already upset about the feet being in the aisle assumes EBM is instigating and thus the fight ensues. I honestly don't think the white man was being racist. He may use inappropriate terms like "chinaman", but I sense sincerity in his voice and facial expression when asking for the shoe-shine he assumed he was being offered.

Lodurr says...

>> ^aspartam:
I can also notice the signs of roid rage when I see them. He is clearly raging in the second video.


No way you can call 'roids here. That looks like the effects of adrenaline to me. He still feels threatened because the guy that tried to fight him is nearby. I've experienced it before, the one or two times I've been in life-threatening situations I've had jitters long after it was over.

Now, I must track down Epic Beard Man and apprentice in the ways of beardzerking.

longde says...

I was being sarcastic. >> ^NordlichReiter:
>> ^longde:
Since when did I defend the black dude? There are no victims or underdogs in this video, certainly not the pumped up klansman. They are both pieces of trash. What's fucked up is that people seem to gravitate toward one type of trash rather than dismissing both.>> ^GoodAttorney:
Oh, poopoo... on the you bad people celebrating racial violence. Race notwithstanding, I think we all like to see an underdog win and justice served. Here, the person initiating PHYSICAL aggression is not the victim.


How the fuck do you know he's a Klansman?


siftbot says...

Tags for this video have been changed from '67, old, white, black, bus, transit, fight, dont fuck with me, fuck, rumble' to '67, old, white, black, bus, transit, fight, dont fuck with me, fuck, rumble, epic beard' - edited by blankfist

alizarin says...

If EBM was sincerely trying to get his shoes shined then I'd agree with you and call him the victim.
But come on man... you really think anyone outside stereotypical subserviant black men of the 1930s or street urchins from Dickens would solicit a shoe shining on a city bus?

I reread the transcript - EBM said stuff like "Sit your little black ass down"... " and "boy".

Can we agree at least that everyone involved was an idiot?

>> ^RadHazG:
If you read the transcript on ED you can see that it was simply a case of EBM either misinterpreting something the black dude said or the black dude said some shit and EBM thought he was seriously offering a service not being insulted. The transcript pretty much just says exactly how I saw it. EBM was very calm at the start, and seemed genuinely interested in trying to get his shoes shined. Unfortunate coincidence.


EBM wasn't trying to start a fight, he was trying to belittle and dominate the black man. Get on your knees and shine my shoes boy, and kiss my pinky finger while you're at it.... that kind of thing. But when the black man didn't back down he moved to the front of the bus because he knows his temper can get him arrested. But he kept barking stuff back and the black man the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's vastly more likely than a simple misunderstanding by a man looking for a shoe shiner. Regardless... everyone involved were idiots.

>> ^rottenseed:
If the white guy was trying to start something, why would he move up front? Especially when he obviously wasn't scared. Dude was poppin' off at the mouth and trying to instigate. He wanted the fight...and he got the fight right in his face.>> >

blankfist says...

@alizarin, whether EBM was being racist or not is incidental. Racism is not a windfall to prove guilt. All we know from the video is that the two of them were giving it to each other pretty evenly, and at least the EBM tried to take a seat in the front away the other guy.

Sure, EBM continued to run his mouth, but it wasn't like he kept going to the back of the bus to thump his chest and threaten the guy. He remained seated. It was the other guy who kept going to the front of the bus threatening to stick a foot up his ass.

After that, he took a swing at EBM. It's pretty clear cut.

peggedbea says...

why the fuck is this #1?

title, tags and discourse is oozing with latent, liberal racism.
if race had nothing to do with this the title and tags would be different.

4chan making a meme and mockery out of this is funny, mostly because 4chan doesn't pretend it's having an intelligent conversation.

alizarin says...

@blankfist, if we're talking about who would get arrested if there was a cop there maybe you're right and the black guy would get arrested for "hitting" first. But I don't even know about that - the black guy pretty much just slapped the guy on the arm. EBM on the other hand smashed his face against the edge of a bench after he'd already been incapacitated by a couple punches. They're both probably going to jail. In the end all I'm saying is that EBM is no hero and the black guy wasn't picking a fight with a somebody minding his own business.

xxovercastxx says...

Whether anyone in this video is a racist or not is irrelevant. The situation would have diffused if the kid hadn't gone up to the front of the bus and punched EBM. The kid is the one who escalated this from an argument to a fist fight.

I do love how he continues to say he's going to fuck him up or kill him after the fight is over. The evidence suggests otherwise, kid.

chilaxe says...

Look at the instigator's fighting stance:
1. Instigator pushes seated opponent, trying to gain social dominance or escalate the confrontation.
2. In an amazing display of ineptness, instigator never enters a defensible fighting stance, keeping one hand near the chest of the 67 year old, and the other on the pole. He immediately lost control of the situation when his opponent didn't instantly submit.

Stormsinger says...

Both are little more than animals...actually, worse than animals, few animals are so pointlessly aggressive.

I vote we let 'em spend a few months or years making bulletproof vests for our military.

NordlichReiter says...

>> ^alizarin:
@blankfist, if we're talking about who would get arrested if there was a cop there maybe you're right and the black guy would get arrested for "hitting" first. But I don't even know about that - the black guy pretty much just slapped the guy on the arm. EBM on the other hand smashed his face against the edge of a bench after he'd already been incapacitated by a couple punches. They're both probably going to jail. In the end all I'm saying is that EBM is no hero and the black guy wasn't picking a fight with a somebody minding his own business.


The act of touching someone who does not want to be touched is assault, the act of harming them is battery.

If you read my previous comment it seems there may be a case for Mutual affray. Which means that both parties are guilty.

highdileeho says...

I'm pretty sure that mother fucker asked the black guy to spit shine his 'stacy adams'. that's why the whole thing started, and why the woman replied with racial slurs, It was in response to the motherfuckers racism. I'm pretty sure the black guy was just reacting to the white guys racism as well. The motherfucker started it, the motherfucker initiated the bullying, and the black guy was villified for being in the wrong. Funny how everyone assumed that the black guy must have deserved it. You refer to an asian as a 'chinaman' on the street and see if you get the motherfucker treatment, I bet you will. I just hope the asian won't be villified. Cement your stupidity with t-shirt slogans all you want.

Heartspark says...

This is why people don't say crap when riding public transportation. You don't know the person, or anything about them. Hell they could be on the bus with a handgun ready to take out every coworker they are with and was going to leave you alone till you said "hello".


Racist, mental problems, or not..EBM WAS in the right here. He did defend himself.
Black or white does not matter, you do not act on impulses to do whatever violent act you see fit based on someones words towards you.

If that was the case, half you mother fuckers would be dead on here.

NordlichReiter says...

>> ^highdileeho:
I'm pretty sure that mother fucker asked the black guy to spit shine his 'stacy adams'. that's why the whole thing started, and why the woman replied with racial slurs, It was in response to the motherfuckers racism. I'm pretty sure the black guy was just reacting to the white guys racism as well. The motherfucker started it, the motherfucker initiated the bullying, and the black guy was vilified for being in the wrong. Funny how everyone assumed that the black guy must have deserved it. You refer to an asian as a 'chinaman' on the street and see if you get the motherfucker treatment, I bet you will. I just hope the asian won't vilified.
I changed the spelling of the word Vilified to be correct in your quote, so now it is a paraphrase.

We don't know what happened before the video, so there is no way to know for sure who started what. Or how the conversation began to take place. The evidence in the video is circumstantial. This means we have to infer what happened before, and that is highly uncertain. Circumstantial evidence alone is not enough to have a case, there must be corroborating evidence. There simply exists, for us, no way to know what took place before the beginning of this video.

joe2 says...

i was in a fight on a bus in san francisco too

7 teenagers mugged me - well, 2 of them grabbed my shit and the other 5 blocked for them. but i grabbed one by the throat and started punching another one and they all ran away

everyone else on the bus just sat there doing nothing. i was pretty disappointed in my fellow citizens

robbersdog49 says...

>> ^longde:
disgusting>> ^robbersdog49:
I laughed so hard when the old dude pounded him.
I'm not into violence, but that guy was so asking for it, and the women screaming just made it worse/funnier.



You can think what you like. I grew up around bullies like the black guy in this video. The way they see other people is clear from the video, other people are there to be dominated. They expect to be able to just get whatever they want by being violent. It's a horrible thing to go through as the victim. As much as we're always told to stand up to bullies I always found that they just hit you harder if you stand up to one.

Whatever was said, however it was said, EBM moved right to the other end of the bus when it started to look like violence was on the cards. The other guy couldn't just let his 'opponent' walk away, he hadn't proved his dominance yet.

To see a bully like that get smacked down made my day, and I make no apologies for that.

It's all about context. From your point of view I'm sure I'm just a violence loving moron. However, there's more behind my comment than you know, and you judged first without thinking about that.

Issykitty says...

I'm not judging anyone for watching this video for its trainwreck-of-humanity fascination value. I get it... but I'd personally have to agree with peggedbea's sentiment, and I totally understand longde's viewpoint as well. This video is just pure sadness.

Let me illustrate: The following is a straight cut-n-pasted sampling of the "commentary" straight off the recent YouTube thread:
====================================================================

Richieidx
fuck you swagga bitch, you grew the size of a babys nut nig

chinqlinq89 (1 minute ago)
FUCK NIGGERS

AHWorldtour3945 (1 minute ago)
the nigger choose the wrong man and got his ass kicked by Santa

emurami (1 minute ago)
BRING DA AMBER LAMP?!

bakewon (1 minute ago)
black bitch in the yellow shirt eating watermelon pieces out of a bag

cmiller871989 (1 minute ago)
Ja'Rule uses public transit?????????

janrepo1 (2 minutes ago)
Kill all niggers.You go Grandpa.!!!

===========================================================================


HugeJerk says...

That's pretty typical for Youtube comments, which is why I never even bother looking at them.

As far as who is "right" or "wrong" in this video, try to picture if both of these people were the same color. Neither of them were willing to let the other have the last word, but the older guy at least tried to defuse the situation by moving away.

Drax says...

If you're gonna use youtube comments to attach some value to a video, there is not a single thing worth watching on youtube then, excluding a few get to sleep hypnosis videos.

The more popular a video is there, the more anonymous, unmoderated user comments it's going to attract no matter the content. Most of those posts are just there to try and get a reaction.

Now...

There is no way to determine who started the argument. If you're sympathizing with one person or the other you're doing so out of some self perceived abstract.

The white guy must be racist (because this involves a black person)
The black guy is the hero (because he got hurt and I feel bad for him; because too many people are assuming the white guy is the hero and I don't like that; etc, etc...)
The black man started it (because he looks like a bully)
My examples may all be wrong, but none the less if you think you know who started talking trash first then you're making an assumption. There is no way to tell via this video who started the argument. Once an argument of this nature starts things get said to push the other person's buttons, and take jabs at them.

By some people's logic here, the girl holding the camera is a complete racist and must hate white people seeing as she threw out the most direct racial slur in the entire video.

The black guy swung first, and don't give me that it was a slap.. both people are enraged. I think the swing was meant as a hit, but it doesn't matter. EBM saw a swing coming at him and acted out of self defense. He did not start the fight, so his actions where self-defense. He pummeled the guy a bit much, yes, but he was enraged, threatened and did manage to stop before knocking the guy out cold or worse.

I do think there was some racism involved on a subconscious level. The black guy had a few cheering for him, so he probably felt a bit more confident and cocky. The white guy may have felt slightly alienated.

And lastly, this is just a fist fight people. It's not THAT big a deal. These things happen. People have tempers, people have a right to defend themselves. No one was killed, knocked out, no bones broken (possibly a broken nose, but I think he would have been in more pain). Yes it sucks this happened, but it's not exactly horrid. I've seen people become buddies after something like this.

dannym3141 says...

Sorry to say this but there's a lot of sorry excuse making going on here, including you peggedbea who i'd expect more of.

So many people playing the race card, or trying to. Very easy to pass something off as racism, in fact in our society i think we fanatically adhere to anti-xenophobia to the point where we're dangerously on the other side of the line of fairness.

What this comes down to is one moron threatening a guy and getting his arse kicked within a reasonable limit. I'm not an expert in smack talk, slang or american accents but i didn't hear any racism from EBM, especially before any racism was thrown at him.

The guy moved away, he didn't want to fight, but some dickhead had to try and ruin someone's day, and he got his shit ruined.

You make me so angry making excuses for these fucking morons.. people like this guy (yes he's black but that's only an identifying characteristic, NOT RACISM) are the reason this world is going to shit. I hope he fucking chokes on his teeth, and i hope EBM can kick some more ass of people who go around thinking that they're untouchable and can do what they like without consequences.

What a disappointment, videosift. A guy defends himself from physical assault and you shout him down.

dystopianfuturetoday says...

I find the tension and conflict of this video interesting, but I don't think there is any justification for making the old guy a hero or internet celebrity. He clearly has issues and seemed to be just as interested in violence as his counterpart.

I think peggedbea is right, that interjecting race into the title and tags is creepy, and issykitty makes a good point as to how appealing this has become to the racists of youtube. It doesn't mean that everyone who voted for this is a raging, lynching klansman, but it *may* be indicative of the subtler prejudices that all of us harbor deep inside our subconscious. Either way, it's worthy of discussion.

If this hot, viral video were framed as two crazy idiots fighting on a bus, I wouldn't see much problem with it, but that's not how it's been framed. Instead, it's young black thug vs. elderly white marine. Or even worse Ignorant, illiterate black gangbanger vs bearded Nordic God.

In America, intercity blacks are feared. They are portrayed in the media as either criminal thugs or lazy bums who live off of government aid. The only positives you ever hear are about the occasional football or basketball player who gets a scholarship and escapes. Black neighborhoods are avoided by white people, who describe these places with words like 'scary' 'sketchy' or 'rough', but if you actually take the time to explore these areas, you find regular people. People who work. People who love their children. People who mow their lawns. As a white person, I've felt no overt prejudice against me in these places. I've felt no danger or threat upon my personal safety. It's just not the warzone it's made out to be in the media.

For some, this video will not only confirm false media stereotypes, but also goes the extra mile to punish that stereotype with violence. Don't get me wrong, the black guy in this video seems like a creep, and goes to great lengths to live up to the most negative of negative black stereotypes, right down to his inability to pronounce a very common word, but for many, this one single man's behavior will serve as a confirmation and justification for irrational, subconscious racial fears.

I'm not judging nomino, or anyone. I voted this thing up, myself, before bea and issy gave me some pause, so I'm not claiming to be better or wiser than anyone else here. Race is a really tough subject for Americans, complicated by history, tradition, media, politics and economics. I think it's OK to find this conflict on a bus compelling, and to also admit that there might be more going on in our subconscious minds than we'd like. *dark *fear

Since I'm in the confessional, I might as well mention that I wish I could take my vote back from another video, featuring a European man slapping a woman, causing her to cry. Lots of subconscious shit going on there too.

thinker247 says...

Imagine if the old guy was wearing a Nazi uniform and calling the guy a dumb nigger. Would that have changed the fact that the black guy lost his cool and moved to the front of the bus to punch first?

WWMLKJrD?

chilaxe says...

>> ^dystopianfuturetoday:
I find the tension and conflict of this video interesting, but I don't think there is any justification for making the old guy a hero or internet celebrity. He clearly has issues and seemed to be just as interested in violence as his counterpart.
I think peggedbea is right, that interjecting race into the title and tags is creepy, and issykitty makes a good point as to how appealing this has become to the racists of youtube. It doesn't mean that everyone who voted for this is a raging, lynching klansman, but it may be indicative of the subtler prejudices that all of us harbor deep inside our subconscious. Either way, it's worthy of discussion.
If this hot, viral video were framed as two crazy idiots fighting on a bus, I wouldn't see much problem with it, but that's not how it's been framed. Instead, it's young black thug vs. elderly white marine. Or even worse Ignorant, illiterate black gangbanger vs bearded Nordic God.
In America, intercity blacks are feared. They are portrayed in the media as either criminal thugs or lazy bums who live off of government aid. The only positives you ever hear are about the occasional football or basketball player who gets a scholarship and escapes. Black neighborhoods are avoided by white people, who describe these places with words like 'scary' 'sketchy' or 'rough', but if you actually take the time to explore these areas, you find regular people. People who work. People who love their children. People who mow their lawns. As a white person, I've felt no overt prejudice against me in these places. I've felt no danger or threat upon my personal safety. It's just not the warzone it's made out to be in the media.
For some, this video will not only confirm false media stereotypes, but also goes the extra mile to punish that stereotype with violence. Don't get me wrong, the black guy in this video seems like a creep, and goes to great lengths to live up to the most negative of negative black stereotypes, right down to his inability to pronounce a very common word, but for many, this one single man's behavior will serve as a confirmation and justification for irrational, subconscious racial fears.
I'm not judging nomino, or anyone. I voted this thing up, myself, before bea and issy gave me some pause, so I'm not claiming to be better or wiser than anyone else here. Race is a really tough subject for Americans, complicated by history, tradition, media, politics and economics. I think it's OK to find this conflict on a bus compelling, and to also admit that there might be more going on in our subconscious minds than we'd like. dark fear
Since I'm in the confessional, I might as well mention that I wish I could take my vote back from another video, featuring a European man slapping a woman, causing her to cry. Lots of subconscious shit going on there too.


I agree both the guys would have been wiser to defuse the situation. It's an expensive risk to absorb that anyone you meet like that might be carrying a knife or a gun. The stakes in life are high, and all it takes is one bout of bad luck...

I can understand it sucks for the younger guy... he can't complain since he certainly carries some amount over 50% of the responsibility for what happened, but his brain made him think it was a good idea, and now he just feels more victimized by life than he did before he got the tables turned on him.


"He clearly has issues and seemed to be just as interested in violence as his counterpart."

I think it's certainly a good instinct to be understanding of both sides... it's a higher human impulse... but it seems like this can also go so far as creating a false symmetry. The younger guy (1) did force the older guy to the other side of the bus, (2) did then go after him and throw the first punch, and (3) did legally commit assault (touching someone who doesn't want to be touched, particularly while threatening violence). For all the old guy knew, the next punch could have had a knife with it.


describe these places with words like 'scary' 'sketchy' or 'rough', but if you actually take the time to explore these areas, you find regular people ... confirm false media stereotypes... this one single man's behavior will serve as a confirmation and justification for irrational, subconscious racial fears... there might be more going on in our subconscious minds than we'd like. dark fear."

Yeah, it's good to not excessively vilify high crime areas... but I feel like some of this goes so far as to imply that statistics are irrational. On another note, this video would be just as appealing to many people if it featured an Aussie thug (a small minority of Aussies) and an Indian-Australian.


That being said, I think you're right... it'd be better to not inject race into the title, and most people who live in statistically risky areas are good people, same as everywhere.

longde says...

'Race Card' is the biggest cop out ever invented. If you don't want to be accused of racism, don't drag race into these videos. And don't praise rabid and violent racists. The below quotes are from this thread, not YouTube:

"Black people.. makin' [half of] me look bad"

"Listen to enough black comedians (Eddie Murphy to be precise) and you'll learn that much of their fighting consists of scaring the opponent in hopes that they don't actually fight."

Please explain to me how this kid's actions reflect on all black people? Again, why drag this into it? It's this kneejerk racism that gets me. And you want to defend it and EBM.


Danny, the guy yelled many racial epithets. Stop making EBM into Clark Kent. It was clear he wanted to instigate a fight. Anyone, but EBM's weaker, stupider prey, could see that that kid was outmatched.



>> ^dannym3141:
Sorry to say this but there's a lot of sorry excuse making going on here, including you peggedbea who i'd expect more of.
So many people playing the race card, or trying to. Very easy to pass something off as racism, in fact in our society i think we fanatically adhere to anti-xenophobia to the point where we're dangerously on the other side of the line of fairness.
What this comes down to is one moron threatening a guy and getting his arse kicked within a reasonable limit. I'm not an expert in smack talk, slang or american accents but i didn't hear any racism from EBM, especially before any racism was thrown at him.
The guy moved away, he didn't want to fight, but some dickhead had to try and ruin someone's day, and he got his shit ruined.
You make me so angry making excuses for these fucking morons.. people like this guy (yes he's black but that's only an identifying characteristic, NOT RACISM) are the reason this world is going to shit. I hope he fucking chokes on his teeth, and i hope EBM can kick some more ass of people who go around thinking that they're untouchable and can do what they like without consequences.
What a disappointment, videosift. A guy defends himself from physical assault and you shout him down.

Sarzy says...

Well, if this video does nothing else, it confirms one thing (and that's assuming Goodfellas wasn't good enough for you): never ask a guy to shine your shoes. It just ends up badly for everyone.

dannym3141 says...

longde - "the race card" is a cop out is it? You think that people don't try to make life more difficult for others by pretending to percieve racism when there really is no racism present? Don't talk bullshit mate, you see it happen just as i do..

How on earth do you know WHICH comments i was referring to in order to try and belittle my comment? Just cherry pick the ones that look bad, yeah? How about cherry picking the ones that don't and assume that i'm not a moron you can randomly chasise without a decent coherent reply? That kind of selective ignorance of context and meaning is exactly where "the race card" comes from.

"Please explain to me how this kid's actions reflect on all black people? Again, why drag this into it? It's this kneejerk racism that gets me. And you want to defend it and EBM."
-- PLEASE tell me where i dragged racism into it. Where did i mention ANY black people?! I specifically avoided ANY comments about anyone's colour intentionally, and you STILL managed to play the race card on me. That's exactly what the race card is. Accusing people of racism for the moral highground when they are innocent of it. Thanks for proving my point.

I NEVER MENTIONED RACE BUT YOU CALLED ME FOR RACISM WHILST TRYING TO DISMISS "THE RACE CARD" - NICE WORK!

Lodurr says...

It should be okay to hate gang-banger culture. When you tie that culture directly to race, then you find you're unable to hate it without being racist, and thus it lives on longer than it should. Culture and race are not inseparable, the only people that believe they are inseparable are racists.

dannym3141 says...

Forget it longde - i'm metaphorically moving to the front of the bus.

I couldn't disagree more really with you dystopian. I am glad this idiot got his ass kicked for initiating a physical fight with someone.

I know i'm not a racist, i have absolutely no racism in my body, i have never let slip a racist epithet in anger or anything else. I can watch this video and form my opinions without questioning myself or vetting myself for racism - because i'm flat out not racist.

I think if you are worried that you formed an opinion based on race, you're contributing to problems with racism. Think about it - if you have to stop yourself and question yourself before you form an opinion about this dispute between 2 differently coloured people, are you really treating people different to you as an equal? Because you wouldn't do that if you were talking to say, your father. If you change how you act to someone because they're different, it isn't a good thing.

I've said it before, i'll say it again:
Challenging ourselves to stop our racism is OF COURSE a good thing, but racism will not be truly gone until it's not even an issue to consider to us anymore. For me, there is no issue to consider - i watch this video as one PERSON starting a fight with another PERSON and getting ass-kicked. The colour of their skin is just an identifying feature to me, like hair colour.

I actually feel slightly sorry for anyone that has to vet themselves for fear of accidentally being racist. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, i've never had to even remotely consider it. It stems right back to my primary school upbringing when i was about 4 or 5 years old. Back then, having someone with a different skin colour in your class was rare, but we had the only jamaican girl in the entire school in our class. 15 years later, i discovered that there was some racism that took place, and i was absolutely horrified and amazed - not only did i never see it, but it never even occured to me that she was in any way different to me.

dystopianfuturetoday says...

chilaxe,

I'm not interested in the psychology of the combatants, but rather the psychology and 'spin' of those viewing it, my own meta spin (that this video makes some white people feel comfortable in their pre-judgments) included. None of us are even remotely objective, and those who claim to be (lookin' at you Ayn) least of all. We see everything through the deforming prism of our own minds. Life experiences, upbringing, family, nurture, nature, culture, media, etc. inform how we view the world, which explains how a simple glass of wine can, at the same time, be a nice treat during a meal, a life-destroying addiction or the metaphorical blood of a supernatural being.

The various rationalizations behind the 'taking of sides' is what I find interesting about this particular internet phenomena. At its heart, this video is about one person kicking the shit out of another, but the defining descriptors in the comment section vary significantly from person to person: black vs. white, old vs young, big vs. small, short vs. tall, innocent baystander vs. shit talking jerk, racist white man vs. black guy, two crazy guys, etc... . We all bring our own baggage to the vague narrative of this fight, leading us to many different conclusions and many different meanings.

I'm not trying to say anyone is right or wrong. I'm not trying to patronize. Just making the point that there are highly subjective reasons we believe the things we believe, which have little to do with rationality or logic. Being aware of this is a good thing.

dystopianfuturetoday says...

>> ^dannym3141:
Forget it longde - i'm metaphorically moving to the front of the bus.


You are an idiot.*

*disclaimer: While I find you generally to be a couple brain cells short of a bakers dozen, it is only the subjective opinion of one person. There may, in fact, be others in the world who find your perspective to be worthwhile.

spoco2 says...

>> ^dystopianfuturetoday:
>> ^dannym3141:
Forget it longde - i'm metaphorically moving to the front of the bus.

You are an idiot.


Um... that's such a dick comment on what is a perfectly fine description of a point of view from dannym3141.

Those getting all twisted up over this being people being racist and thinking that they're only cheering for EBM because he is white and the other party is black are truly painful.

YES there are people who do watch this with a racist view of it, who think 'HA, that black guy is getting what he deserves because he's black'... and those people are horrendously disgusting.

BUT

There are plenty who watch this (I didn't for quite some time as I see nothing of credit in fight videos usually... but then it was being discussed so much I had to see what the fuss was about.) and just think that EBM seemed to do a reasonable job of trying to end it all by moving away, and yet the other guy confronted him and got pummeled for his troubles.

On top of that there are disgusting people on the sidelines, being the woman in the seat and the camera operator bloody screaming for blood through the whole thing.

Basically we have the aggressor trying to smack talk, a bunch of idiots wanting to see him hit the old guy, an old guy move away to try to stop it (but not being able to fully stop himself from smack talking back), and then the aggressor getting his ass handed to him and the baying women being all shocked and horrified when they would have been more than happy had it gone the other way.

So, yeah, a bunch of us take some pleasure from seeing those of greater dickheadedness get shown up... doesn't mean we applaud violence, or the overall state of this, but just feel that the right person ended up unhurt in this encounter. (While, of course, the best outcome would have been no-one hurt and misunderstandings gotten rid of).

Deano says...

What a way to celebrate the Siftiversary

Living in a city I've seen this sort of thing happen a few times. I just let the crazies get on with it. I would ask one question; why is the camera filming? What was she hoping to capture? In that sense her mate might have been performing a bit. You put a camera on someone and they can behave in uncharacteristic ways.

And BTW;
The EBM just *looks* like someone you don't mess with in any way. I'm surprised that anyone got any "yeah that'll teach him" thrills from this (which can be fun sometimes...) but here it's just all a bit too real and sad.

Deano says...

Could we now turn this into a debate on the U.S Health system? How much will the ambulance cost? Does he have the right insurance? Will Dr House discover something really bad?

dystopianfuturetoday says...

>> ^dannym3141:
Forget it longde - i'm metaphorically moving to the front of the bus.
I couldn't disagree more really with you dystopian. I am glad this idiot got his ass kicked for initiating a physical fight with someone.
I know i'm not a racist, i have absolutely no racism in my body, i have never let slip a racist epithet in anger or anything else. I can watch this video and form my opinions without questioning myself or vetting myself for racism - because i'm flat out not racist.
I think if you are worried that you formed an opinion based on race, you're contributing to problems with racism. Think about it - if you have to stop yourself and question yourself before you form an opinion about this dispute between 2 differently coloured people, are you really treating people different to you as an equal? Because you wouldn't do that if you were talking to say, your father. If you change how you act to someone because they're different, it isn't a good thing.
I've said it before, i'll say it again:
Challenging ourselves to stop our racism is OF COURSE a good thing, but racism will not be truly gone until it's not even an issue to consider to us anymore. For me, there is no issue to consider - i watch this video as one PERSON starting a fight with another PERSON and getting ass-kicked. The colour of their skin is just an identifying feature to me, like hair colour.
I actually feel slightly sorry for anyone that has to vet themselves for fear of accidentally being racist. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, i've never had to even remotely consider it. It stems right back to my primary school upbringing when i was about 4 or 5 years old. Back then, having someone with a different skin colour in your class was rare, but we had the only jamaican girl in the entire school in our class. 15 years later, i discovered that there was some racism that took place, and i was absolutely horrified and amazed - not only did i never see it, but it never even occured to me that she was in any way different to me.


Note: I downvoted your comment when it was just a lame response to longe, before you tacked on your response to my comment.

I know little about you, other than the fact that you don't seem very smart, so I'm not going to 'prejudge' your internal racial attitudes.

However, there are some clues here.

Your responses to other people on this subject have been highly emotional.
You are generally very defensive on the subject of race.
In your comment to longe, you self identify with the white combatant.
You've admitted that you think personal introspection on the subject of race is 'part of the problem'.

I'm no psychologist, but it doesn't take Sigmund Freud to tell you that there are probably some issues here.

Thinking is ALWAYS a good thing, regardless of the subject, and whomever taught you to turn off your brain when it comes to matters of race did you a grave disservice. As I said above in my comment to chilaxe, our minds are subjective by nature, which means that many of the things we understand to be true in this world just flat out aren't. Without critical thought, those misconceptions just stay up there, building strength with each new year of rationalization and self-deception.

In short: Your brain is your friend, so use it.

I'm sorry to put you in a metaphorical amberlamps, but you did fuck with me. (just kidding)

dannym3141 says...

Thank you spoco2, i'm glad some people could get their head around what i was saying. I got as far as "you're an idiot" before i completely blanked him out.

If someone can read my comment and summarise from it that i'm an idiot, i have absolutely no idea where to go from there.

You're absolutely right though dyst - you are no psychologist.

My statements:
Treating different people differently is not necessarily good.
A non-racist never needs to vet their opinions for racism - they don't need to TRY to not be racist.


Your accusations are personal and not intended to discredit my argument but to discredit me, but i forgive you that.

You have - as you have done before, yes i remember you doing this on exactly the same subject (racism) - read what i put, and substituted it for something else. You've blatantly accused me of things i didn't say, and everyone can see that, so you need not apologise. What i said is very concise and is absolutely accurate. When racism is truly gone, no one will even consider it an issue, no one will need to worry that they're going to be accidentally racist. And that will be a wonderful day.

I'm afraid my concepts of racism are beyond you. And that is indicative of why racism is still such a big issue, because people like you can't understand what a true non-racist viewpoint is. Sorry brother, i bow out discourse with you on this one, you can't keep up.

Edit:
I'd just like to add, dystopian, that i never made any kind of attack at you. Your pseudo-psycho-babble to try and "show my deep rooted problems" is some of the most rediculous hokum i've seen in a long while. What you've done is try and look like you're doing something intelligent, when what you're actually doing is finely magnifying any ambiguity in anything i say and exposing it to your own ends as "my deep rooted problems". I'm not going to stoop to this level, and i think you illustrate one of the worst things about the sift in that post. You're not interested in a discussion, you're interested in making your opponents look like racists/morons/assholes, leaving your argument as what, the last man standing?

I never insulted you. In the words of EBM - why are you being so hostile?

dystopianfuturetoday says...

To be clear, it was your dumb threat to longe that was the offender here, not the comment you tacked on after the fact. >> ^dannym3141:
Thank you spoco2, i'm glad some people could get their head around what i was saying. I got as far as "you're an idiot" before i completely blanked him out.
If someone can read my comment and summarise from it that i'm an idiot, i have absolutely no idea where to go from there.
You're absolutely right though dyst - you are no psychologist.
My statements:
Treating different people differently is not necessarily good.
A non-racist never needs to vet their opinions for racism - they don't need to TRY to not be racist.

Your accusations are personal and not intended to discredit my argument but to discredit me, but i forgive you that.
You have - as you have done before, yes i remember you doing this on exactly the same subject (racism) - read what i put, and substituted it for something else. You've blatantly accused me of things i didn't say, and everyone can see that, so you need not apologise. What i said is very concise and is absolutely accurate. When racism is truly gone, no one will even consider it an issue, no one will need to worry that they're going to be accidentally racist. And that will be a wonderful day.
I'm afraid my concepts of racism are beyond you. And that is indicative of why racism is still such a big issue, because people like you can't understand what a true non-racist viewpoint is. Sorry brother, i bow out discourse with you on this one, you can't keep up.
Edit:
I'd just like to add, dystopian, that i never made any kind of attack at you. Your pseudo-psycho-babble to try and "show my deep rooted problems" is some of the most rediculous hokum i've seen in a long while. What you've done is try and look like you're doing something intelligent, when what you're actually doing is finely magnifying any ambiguity in anything i say and exposing it to your own ends as "my deep rooted problems". I'm not going to stoop to this level, and i think you illustrate one of the worst things about the sift in that post. You're not interested in a discussion, you're interested in making your opponents look like racists/morons/assholes, leaving your argument as what, the last man standing?
I never insulted you. In the words of EBM - why are you being so hostile?

spoco2 says...

"To be clear, it was your dumb threat to longe that was the offender here, not the comment you tacked on after the fact. "

Um... he wasn't threatening at all, he was saying he was moving away from the conflict... what EBM did in an effort to defuse things. It would seem like you've reacted in exactly the same way the idiot did in this video and continued to try to provoke... nice.

dystopianfuturetoday says...

Really spoco? For fuck's sake, man! Am I really crazy to think that danny0U812's 'metaphorical' threat of a beatdown on longe was not one of the dumber comments in recent history? It would be lame enough coming from someone with enough fortitude to back up the threat, let alone someone who'd be lucky to get even odds against a wet paper bag. If calling this stupid comment out makes me the bad guy, so be it. Bwahahahaha.......

nach0s says...

I CANNOT BELIEVE WE ARE ALL ARE ARGUING ABOUT THESE KNUCKLEHEADS. It's not even racism, people. The two 'fighters' and the woman behind the camera are all total morons. WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT THEY DID OR SAID.

deathcow says...

Yesterday I squeezed this meme onto a computer memory review on NewEgg ($800 for 3 sticks!):

Pros: High density, you can pack 12GB or 24GB of memory onto a typical i7 motherboard.

Cons: So expensive, my goodness, "bring da RAMbulamps!"

spoco2 says...

>> ^dystopianfuturetoday:
Really spoco? For fuck's sake, man! Am I really crazy to think that danny0U812's 'metaphorical' threat of a beatdown on longe was not one of the dumber comments in recent history? It would be lame enough coming from someone with enough fortitude to back up the threat, let alone someone who'd be lucky to get even odds against a wet paper bag. If calling this stupid comment out makes me the bad guy, so be it. Bwahahahaha.......




See, that's the problem, you took the negative view of what he said. YOU thought him saying he would move to the front of the bus meant that in the end he would end up beating longe... whereas the way I took it, and the way he meant it, was that he was just moving away from the altercation, which is what EBM did... it's why I tend to 'side' with EBM if anyone in this sad video because he tried to move away and diffuse the situation.

If you like to think the absolute worst of people all the time and rather than take it as a moving away from conflict, take it as a call to arms, well I'm afraid that almost any situation must seem like people are trying to start a fight.

gwiz665 says...

Hahahaha, I think this is hilarious. The video is just a fist fight, meh, nothing really in that, but these comments are hilarious.

You crazy crackers crack me up.

*quality

gwiz665 says...

"Epic Beard Man (Thomas Bruso aka Vietnam Tom aka Tom Slick) is a 67 year old war veteran who gained internet fame on February 16th, 2010 in a video which was filmed by Iyanna Washington and was posted to YouTube. In the video, our elderly hero finds himself confronted by a racially sensitive and reasonably angry drunk black man. He subsequently surprises us by delivering a beat down so crushing in its righteousness that it has touched the scrotum of Jesus himself. Predictably enough, lulz ensued and 4chan dropped everything to crown their new King. Epic Beard Man is a MOTHER FUCKER. He even has the shirt to prove it. " ED to the rescue.

*promote

siftbot says...

Promoting this video back to the front page; last published Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 9:30pm PST - promote requested by gwiz665.

robbersdog49 says...

"He subsequently surprises us by delivering a beat down so crushing in its righteousness that it has touched the scrotum of Jesus himself."

I just wet myself laughing!

dystopianfuturetoday says...

>> ^spoco2:
>> ^dystopianfuturetoday:
Rea
lly spoco? For fuck's sake, man! Am I really crazy to think that danny0U812's 'metaphorical' threat of a beatdown on longe was not one of the dumber comments in recent history? It would be lame enough coming from someone with enough fortitude to back up the threat, let alone someone who'd be lucky to get even odds against a wet paper bag. If calling this stupid comment out makes me the bad guy, so be it. Bwahahahaha.......


See, that's the problem, you took the negative view of what he said. YOU thought him saying he would move to the front of the bus meant that in the end he would end up beating longe... whereas the way I took it, and the way he meant it, was that he was just moving away from the altercation, which is what EBM did... it's why I tend to 'side' with EBM if anyone in this sad video because he tried to move away and diffuse the situation.
If you like to think the absolute worst of people all the time and rather than take it as a moving away from conflict, take it as a call to arms, well I'm afraid that almost any situation must seem like people are trying to start a fight.


OK. Now shine my shoes, boy.

It kind of cracks me up how we are using the acronym 'EBM' without a hint of irony in semi-serious discussion. Lucky needs design a "WWEBMD?" shirt.

spoco2 says...

>> ^dystopianfuturetoday:

OK. Now shine my shoes, boy.

It kind of cracks me up how we are using the acronym 'EBM' without a hint of irony in semi-serious discussion. Lucky needs design a "WWEBMD?" shirt.


I think it's pretty funny too, but it is really just a way of being expedient... I wasn't going to write 'the white guy with the beard'... or, if you think that's racist 'the guy with the beard'... or 'the guy with the motherfucker t-shirt on'

siftbot says...

Tags for this video have been changed from '67, old, white, black, bus, transit, fight, dont fuck with me, fuck, rumble, epic beard' to '67 YO, white, black, bus, transit, fight, dont fuck with me, fuck, rumble, epic beard man' - edited by Throbbin

Throbbin says...

I find very little epic in this video.

Neither of those guys is a very good fighter.

If anyone ever asked me to shine their shoes I would mega-beat-down his ass.

The comments are interesting.

Neither party is innocent, and neither is a hero of any kind.

Why o why would you film yourself taking someones bag? Wait, before that, why o why take someones bag?

As Joe2 mentioned up there ^ - it's so sad that no one else on the bus intervened. This is perhaps the most interesting aspect of the video.

playlists with this video:
who voted for this video:

[toggle display of all 205]

who voted against this video:
who bookmarked this post:

Send this Article to a Friend



Separate multiple emails with a comma (,); limit 5 recipients






Your email has been sent successfully!

Manage this Video in Your Playlists

Beggar's Canyon

 • view
 • view