Birthdate: May 23rd
Going to school for my PhD in bookishness. Gets overly enthused about kitchen accessories and cooking. Dreams of being a rock star pirate ninja.
"Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could."
— Louise Erdrich (The Painted Drum)
"Can you be happy with the movies, and the ads, and the clothes in the stores, and the doctors, and the eyes as you walk down the street all telling you there is something wrong with you? No. You cannot be happy. Because, you poor darling baby, you believe them."
— Katherine Dunn (Geek Love)
In love with:
(1) the hubby, (2) chocolate, (3) hot pink, (4) alternative universes, (5) happy music, (6) chocolate.
About my videos:
I post (and promote) what I enjoy watching, and hope that others like it too. Most of my posts fall into two categories:
(1) Things that make me happy
(2) Thought-provoking acts of rhetoric, (whether I agree with the message or not) (3) Things that advance my own secret personal agenda to take over the universe
About my comments:
Despite dreams of being a literary genius, most of my comments in general are limited to the standard vocabulary of a 13-year old girl. I am notorious in particular for the following:
(1) "Fabulous" and its cousin "Awesome." As in the 'hot dog' sense of the word and not the 'universe' sense. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please see #3.
(2) "LOL." I will say in my defense that I only use this in instances where I am literally laughing out loud. I laugh easily so this is not a feat, but I will uphold my principles on this. I try to avoid LMAO and its variations, unless I find that my ass has literally been laughed off.
(3) I will sometimes quote things simply for my own amusement. For example, AWESOME like a hot dog (from Eddie Izzard's "Circle): The universe is awesome using the original version, the meaning of the word awesome, yeah? Not the new one which is sort of for socks and hot dogs: "I saw an advert for 'awesome hot dogs, only $2.99'. If they were awesome you'd be going "I can not… breathe for the way the sausage is held by the bun. It is… it is speaking to me. It is saying 'we are lips and thighs… of a donkey. Please eat us… but do not think that we are lips when you eat us, otherwise you'll throw up'." Which is true! It's awesome! America needs the old version of awesome, because you're the only ones going into space. You've got a bit of cash and you go up there, and you need 'awesome' because you're going to be going to the next sun to us. And your President's going to be going "Can you tell me, astronaut, can you tell me what it's like?" "It's awesome, sir." "What, like a hot dog?" "Like a hundred billion hot dogs, sir."'
(4) In instances where I am not limiting myself to a teenaged vocabulary, I am excessively wordy.
(5) I like making lists.
Latest favorites from the personal queue:
--German Robin Hood
--This Girl Can
--Why being stuck on the tarmac with the Philly Orchestra Rocks
Member Since: April 29, 2007
Last Power Points used: October 6, 2012
Power Points at Recharge: 1 Get More Power Points Now!